I can’t remember what Bens patch did using compiler directives but I like the
Java idea of using the column of the opening string character as the reference
point for indentation. Seems easier.

Did the FPC team even approve this idea yet? It’s such a simple patch but I
fear it’s going to be waiting in limbo for up to 12 months.

> On Oct 5, 2019, at 10:53 AM, Marģers . via fpc-devel
> <fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org> wrote:
>
>  hi,
>
> Java is going to have multi-line strings
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1YKAFtNz70
> I'm posting this, because they have different way of indentation  as its
> currently in proposed patch.
> Maybe it worth of consideration. If not, it's ok.

Regards,
        Ryan Joseph