Am 07.12.2019 um 10:28 schrieb Jonas Maebe:

If there is a consensus that this is a blocker, I am ready to do the
work ASAP. provided we select the syntax. Personally, I am inclined
towards these three:
    type M = procedure (const N: Integer) with var;
    type M = procedure (const N: Integer) cblock;
    type M = reference to procedure (const N: Integer) c;

I would prefer type M = reference to procedure (const N: Integer) cblock;

It's weird that unlike with plain procvar type declarations, there's no semicolon between the end of the signature and the calling convention modifier though. Or is that merely a Delphi syntax thing?
I just tested in Delphi: it chokes on the semicolon for reference variables, but allows it for normal proc-/methodvars... *sigh*

I'd say we should allow the semicolon as well so that it is more common with proc- and methodvars (would probably be easier anyway, cause it could then use the normal parse_proc_directives or more importantly procvar_dec as I suggested in the other mail).