On Wed, 22 Apr 2020, Tomas Hajny wrote:

On 2020-04-21 20:47, J. Gareth Moreton wrote:

Hi,

As I mentioned in my future development post,
do you think FPC could benefit from
GetMemAligned and ReallocMemAligned routines?
The internal functions could be used to help
control such custom alignment in dynamic
arrays.

Wouldn't it be better to use either some kind of global property or an optional additional argument than completely new routines requiring explicit handling not only from the end-user programs, but also from all units which may in turn be involved in memory allocation (including various containers etc.)?

I think so too.

What's more, I thought the memory allocation routines already guarantee some
form of alignment, simply because of the internal structures used by the memory
manager ?