I am not 100% sure, but some freetype.dll versions can depend on zlib1.dll. I.e. you need to copy zlib1.dll to the exe directory as well.

Actually I just found an info about it: https://wiki.freepascal.org/FPReport_FAQ (see Lazarus does not start anymore in Windows).

Ondrej

On 17.07.2020 11:37, Werner Pamler wrote:
I am having issues in the nogui demo of TAChart with FPC 3.2.0. It uses the FCL unit ftfont and crashes at runtime with

    Project noguidemo.exe raised exception class 'EInOutError' with message:     Can not load Freetype library "freetype.dll". Check your installation.

This does not happen when I compile exactly the same program with FPC 3.0.4

Since I see in the ftfont code the directive {$DEFINE DYNAMIC} I downloaded the freetype.dll from the https://github.com/ubawurinna/freetype-windows-binaries (recommended by freetype.org) into the exe directory, but it still does not run (same error).

Any idea what I can do to make the program work again? I am on Windows 10.