----- Reply to message -----
Subject: Re: [fpc-devel] duplicate internal error numbers
Date: ceturtd., 8 okt. 2020, 19:39
From:  Sven Barth via fpc-devel <fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org>
To:  FPC developers' list <fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org>
> Marģers . via fpc-devel <fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org> schrieb am Do., 8.
> Okt. 2020, 12:39:
> > > I would advise against an automated change in case it changes too many
> > > internal error numbers and when a third party raises an issue where the
> > > compiler has triggered one, we can no longer identify where in the code
> > > base that the state has gone bad because none of the numbers match any
> > > more.

> > It is not that much problem. Most of internal errors would not be triggered
> > by end users.
> Opened new ticket in bug tracer https://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=37888

> That is kinda the point. They *should* not be triggered, but when they are
> triggered they should be found. This is
> especially important as most users are using release versions while we are
> working on trunk.

There are 555 internal error numbers changed of 4300+. It's about 13%. What's
the probability that one of changed number will be triggered until next
release. One or two in a year (or none). As i see it, it's just decision to
make to accept or reject  the patch.
I was curios how much duplicate internal error are there. A lot. Now you know
that as well.