Hi,

On Sun, 15 Nov 2020, Jonas Maebe via fpc-devel wrote:

> On 15/11/2020 15:19, Karoly Balogh (Charlie/SGR) via fpc-devel wrote:
> >
> > Yes, I already had to dothis in my build scripts on Mojave. I defined an
> > "FIXMOJAVE" environment var, which contains that -XR/Library/... path you
> > wrote above, and in all my build scripts I just do:
> >
> > make OS_TARGET=foo CPU_TARGET=bar OPT="-other -args $FIXMOJAVE" CROSSOPT=...
>
> I also have macOS 10.14 (Mojave) and I don't need to specify any special
> options when building FPC. All libraries and object files are still
> available under /usr there, so I have no idea why it would be necessary
> in your case.

Me neither, but it's been like that ever since I upgrade to Mojave, that
these libs and objects are no longer in /usr/lib on my system. I used
Sierra on the same machine before, and that worked, then I updated to
Mojave and some then-recent XCode/command line utilities in one go
(without reinstall), and then the files were gone, I had to add this extra
argument to my FPC builds, otherwise things just didn't work.

But as I don't really develop native software on my Mac, only use to
crosscompile various versions of FPC, I never investigated further, it was
goon enough for me.

Charlie