On 2020-11-24 01:14, J. Gareth Moreton via fpc-devel wrote:
I'd say thie first port of call is "compiler/comphook.pas", line 258:

procedure WriteColoredOutput(var t: Text;color: TOutputColor;const s :
AnsiString);

It looks like a simple "$if defined".

Yes, and the more platforms are added, the more messy this unit gets. :-( I tried to clean it up a bit by moving the platform-specific parts to a new unit - see the attachment containing a diff for comphook.pas and the new unit. I didn't commit yet because I couldn't test it on the other platforms (my new implementation for OS/2 works OK ;-) ). If somebody tests is under Linux and WinXX, I'll committ it tomorrow.

Tomas