Hi,

Στις 7/2/2021 2:29 μ.μ., ο/η Florian Klämpfl via fpc-devel έγραψε:
Am 07.02.21 um 11:49 schrieb Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis via fpc-devel:
Hi,

   I made some more tests, and it seems that there is a problem with the array types, used in other units where they are defined.

   I don't know if it helps but, if I define an array type on unit B, which a unit A uses it, and the unit B has a procedure / function which is called from the unit B, then the warning / error goes away ( at least I don't get that warning / error ).

   i.e. the following doesn't produce the dwarf warning / error, using the FPC's cross tools :

I suspect it is binutils related. Maybe some of the windows users can build new avr-embedded binutils.

tried, a fairly recent, avr binutils 2.34 ( from https://blog.zakkemble.net/avr-gcc-builds/ ) and the error is gone . Also I am able to debug some firmwares using Lazarus, avr-gdb-8.3 ( patched by Michael Ring ) and ATBackend simulator without a problem on Windows 10 64bit.

What is the "official" way to build FPC avr binutils for windows ? I searched a little but I couldn't find anything regarding this .

PS : The above binutils have avr-as version ( GNU assembler version 2.34 (avr) using BFD version (GNU Binutils) 2.34 ) and a avr-embedded-ld.bfd binary.

regards,

--

Dimitrios Chr. Ioannidis