Hi everyone,

I know I was told what the algorithm was already, but I can't find it in my
email history, so I'm
forced to ask again... is there a reference to the algorithm that's used to
calculate the
reciprocal constants used in the integer division optimisations for x86 and
AArch64? It's more to
gain a personal understanding of the algorithm so I can possibly learn to write
assembly language
routines that both do it faster and produce the same results (my original
implementation, such
required double-width registers, produced magic constants that were bit-shifted
calc_magic_div_unsigned but which nonetheless produced correct results when the
actual divisions
were applied).

Gareth aka. Kit