On Fri, 24 Sep 2021, Marc Weustink via fpc-devel wrote:

On 24-9-2021 14:24, Marc Weustink via fpc-devel wrote:
Hi,

Is there a way to promote a specific warning(4056) into an error ?

from the commandline I mean. I've found {$warn 4056 error} but I don't want to put this in all sources

The command-line only allows to set this for all warnings/hints/notes.

 -Se<x>     Error options. <x> is a combination of the following:
         <n> : Compiler halts after the <n> errors (default is 1)
         h : Compiler also halts after hints
         n : Compiler also halts after notes
         w : Compiler also halts after warnings

I didn't see a way to do this for specific message numbers.
I think at this point your best bet is to create a small include file that is
included in all files ?