Gareth,

I removed the $linklib for common.dll.

Michael.

On Tue, 30 Nov 2021, J. Gareth Moreton via fpc-devel wrote:

Well, running the program on the target system isn't a guaranteed success even if there's no error on the compilation system because the DLL in question may be different (or missing).

If it turns out that common.dll is not required, then the maintainer of the package should probably remove the $linklib line, otherwise I'm not sure.  If I'm right in thinking, if the DLL is missing or incompatible, it won't read the exports table and so even if just a warning is raised, it may cause a cascade error if any of its functions are used in the unit because they're not declared.

Gareth aka. Kit