On 01/03/2023 13:11, Martin Frb via fpc-devel wrote:
Hence testing back to  3.2.3 ( unfortunately 3.2.2 has a bug that matters in this code)

Also, I didn't expect any huge diffs, just wanted to see if anything can be noted at all. (and if lucky, in that test I run)

I did a test on a more limited scope (testing only a handful of functions. That test runs 4 Min 20 sec under 3.2.3. And 2 extra seconds with 3.3.1.  But then I only had 2 sample runs for each fpc version....

2 seconds out of 4:20 is not conclusive unfortunately, unless you're able to exactly control the machine state each time, which is next to impossible in the modern day.  I am curious of the slowdown though, even if it is very slight.

Kit