On 2023-08-30 17:23, Ondrej Pokorny via fpc-devel wrote:

 .
 .
Sorry to bother you with something as trivial: is your t2.pas file
really encoded in UTF-8?

Because if I compile an ANSI file with the {$codepage utf8}
declaration, then I get "correct" output. But obviously this is very
wrong.

You can try yourself with the attached files. So maybe this is your mistake?

Well, you're right, this was indeed my mistake, shame on me. :-( Then I can confirm that the compiler behaviour is indeed wrong (although I have no clue why it behaves that way).

Tomas