J. Gareth Moreton via fpc-devel <fpc-devel@lists.freepascal.org> schrieb am
Sa., 27. Apr. 2024, 10:00:

> You've piqued my interest.  I currently only have the ability to develop
> on aarch64-linux (Raspberry Pi 400), but I'm curious to know if I can get a
> version of Windows to run on it, even if the performance will be very bad.

In a Pi 4 it runs relatively well. I've done it both natively and as a KVM.
Check the WoRProject ( https://worproject.com/ ).
A Pi 5 would be even better though there you currently might need to use
KVM as the native drivers are still a work in progress.

> So far I've tried to reproduce the issues on aarch64-linux without any
> success.  40203 makes sense because it may be a specific issue with Windows
> exception handling, but 40198 is a mystery because it's more closely tied
> with code generation.  Can you verify that the problem illustrated on 40198
> still occurs on the trunk? (I've confirmed that if there are more than 10
> case statements, the code generator attempts to use a jump table unless
> optimisations are turned off)

It's a Windows specific issue, cause the PE format has slightly different
relocation requirements than the ELF format.