On 2010-10-21 23:47, Florian Klämpfl wrote:
This is wrong. If a big change promises significant advantages for FPC users, it will be done.
The qualifier 'significant' (above and below) is far too subjective sometimes to even have a hope of arriving at a common ground.

But, I'll take my chaces and point at DoDi's alternative parsers proposal.

To me, it does sound like quite a significant advantage.

But, apparently, not so for you...
Things like turning the parser upside down simply don't have an significant advantage for users.
About the 'significant advantage' bit, see above.

If with the new parser design we can produce exactly the same binaries and it handles all the source code that the current compiler does, why does it matter which way up the parser stands?

--

Cheers,

Adem