Tomas Hajny wrote:

- As of now, the content of the static pages is managed on our SVN server in the form of simplified HTML pages (the full pages are regenerated in case changes in SVN on daily bases, or the refresh may be enforced manually).

I've been watching the discussion elsewhere and note that Peter threw his hands up in horror when he found himself looking at http://svn.freepascal.org/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/

Peter, I don't like asking this, but do you understand what SVN (Subversion) is and appreciate how crucial this sort of thing is to most projects' management these days?

- It's worth mentioning that even the dependency on SourceForge which provides us with means for much wider and more efficient distribution of load generated by release downloads is a bit problematic because it increases efforts necessary for the release processes (due to more complex procedures for publishing of files) and it also imposes certain restrictions to us.

Including that Sourceforge refuses to serve files to countries blacklisted by the USA.

- Dead links are obviously the easiest thing to solve. You can easily start immediately by reporting them through our bug tracker.

If you come across any TLAs you don't understand or any areas where management of documentation etc. appears to require in-depth knowledge of its content (i.e. Pascal/Lazarus) please yell.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk