On 24/05/17 08:30, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

Sorry, I've just had too many hard drives fail on me... so many fail>
that it's almost as if someone was doing it on purpose to me.
Sounds like you are in serious need of ZFS. If you work on a laptop (so
can't install 3+ hard drives), then I recommend you get one of those
USB3 or Thunderbolt port external NAT-style storage devices. I know some
of them support ZFS. But those storage devices are a bit costly. But
then, how much is your data worth?

I agree, it's really very good indeed and I think the only reason that it's not more widely used is the licensing problem (Sun's license being incompatible with GPL) which resulted in a lot of FUD.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk