On 05/06/18 22:15, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 2018-06-05 20:45, Michalis Kamburelis wrote:
>> Or you can move to GitLab, which offers similar features in many ways.
>
> Why. Git is a distributed version control system. I really don't need a
> 3rd party hosting provider when I can do it on my own public server.
>
>[...]

I guess 'the point of view depends on where you're sitting' to quote a saying...

If you have time to manage your own hosting server* AND do the programming work
AND have life/hobbies/family outside of work... wow... for others in many cases
it's more like 'choose any 2' choice.

(* which is maybe sitting 'there' 99.99% of the time, but when something hits
the
fan, it can eat up your entire day in no time...)

It's like a choice for external web hosting vs in-house servers, for 1 man
band...
With external hosting, you've got 1 variable less. Or 'a few'.

YMMV of course.

> Regards,
>   Graeme

Cheers,