El 11/05/2021 a las 15:18, vasi vasi escribió:
Forget about mysql. Firebird 3.0 is at least, the continuation of an excellent Borland SQL database. Anyway, as an info for you, Microsoft SQL and PostgreSQL share the same initial project/sources. Obviously, the projects then evolved separately.

MySQL is not exactly a a relational data base. Let's forget it.

I have always worked with firebird in delphi, I have no complains. PostgresSQL is supposed to be more powerful than Firebird. On the other hand, Postgresql it is more complex and developers admit that, on windows, connection is 50% slower than in Unix-like

I asked years ago about Firebird vs PostgresSQL, and had an interesting thread:

https://www.mail-archive.com/fpc-other@lists.freepascal.org/msg01551.html

So, from my point of view, I chose both PostgreSQL and Firebird.