Op 25-9-2021 om 16:00 schreef Graeme Geldenhuys via fpc-other:
Does anybody know if there is a tool I could use to analyse queries to a
PostgreSQL database, so I could tune it's performance. eg: detect table
scans in the execution plan, suggest creating, dropping or altering indexes
etc.

MS SQL server comes with loads of tools and options to do this, but I'm
fairly new to using PostgreSQL as the data store, so not sure what tools
are out there. Any suggestions would me much appreciated.

The default postgres admin too "pgadmin" seems to have some query analysis that yields plan insights according to

https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/5.2/query_tool.html