On Sun, 14 Mar 2004, Marc Santhoff wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to put some key event in the general message queue of an
> application. Think of simulating key presses. Some keypresses should be
> sent to the window and appear in the focussed widget.
>
> On windows there is (or at least was years ago) the "sendkeys()"
> function.

This is actually a Visual Basic function :-)

> Does the fcl or gdk/gtk-binding offer similar possibilities?

No. SendKeys() works by grace of sending windows messages to a window
handle. You would need to find the right window handle and send an X event
to it. But to my knowledge, GDK doesn't offer this possibility. I'm not an
expert, though.

> Until now i found the function "gtk_signal_emit", but it only does
> trigger registered events ... I'm stuck.

I don't think that you should look at the GTK level, but at the GDK level.
Or even the X level.