On 4/22/06, Jonas Maebe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Since lists.freepascal.org is down currently...
>
> Begin forwarded message:
>
> > From: Jonas Maebe <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> > So normally it should try to compile sysbsd.pp and not system.pp
> > (rtl/bsd/sysbsd.pp simply includes the contents of rtl/bsd/
> > system.pp, but a unit file called "system.pp" cannot have the unit
> > name "sysbsd"). Is your /usr/local/bin/ppc386 a version 1.0.10
> > compiler?

Yes.  the compiler is 1.0.10

> > I think the easiest would be to
> > a) move rtl/netbsd/Makefile and rtl/netbsd/Makefile.fpc
> > b) copy rtl/freebsd/Makefile.fpc to rtl/netbsd
> > c) edit the copied Makefile.fpc
> > d) run "fpcmake" to regenerate the Makefile from the new Makefile.fpc
> > e) try running gmake again
> >
> > If you get errors about missing seemingly OS-specific files, check
> > if those files exist in rtl/freebsd and either copy/adapt them, or
> > if they're not part of a critical unit (like terminfo or so), just
> > remove the involved unit from the units to be compiled in the
> > Makefile.fpc and regenerate the Makefile.

When compiling the unit
-  Strings ,  the error says that SIZEINT is not defined.
-  BaseUnix , the error says that TSTATFS is not defined.

I've determined that SizeInt is defined in rtl/inc/systemh.inc , which is
included in rtl/unix/sysunixh.inc.  And sysunixh.inc is included in
bsd/system.pp .
I'm not sure what can be done to compile the Strings unit  ?
( maybe I should somehow tell the compiler to use the newly compiled
sysbsd.ppu , and not the system unit that came with fpc 1.0.10 ? )

Cheers,
Adrian Maier