In order to initialize threading under DOS I must create a separate unit since I need the initialization and finalization clause. I thought of using a cthreads.pp unit like in unix. However, the TThread implementation resides in the TThread.inc file which is an include in the implementation section of the system.pp unit which is always loaded. This causes the following problem: If someone creates a TThread, the constructor does not know if threading has been initialized (via cthreads) since I can not add a "uses cthreads" clause in the .inc file.

Does anyone have any idea how I can resolve this?

regards,
Andreas