Mark Morgan Lloyd schreef:
Jonas Maebe wrote:

The only thing that bothers me here is that while this is the
correct solution
it might not be possible. With the major caveat that I'm a beginner
at this but
I've demonstrated that 2.0.0 can't compile 2.0.2, and I suspect
that once I've
fixed the missing syscall I still might be left with something that
the existing
compiler can't process :-(
This is not a case of something the existing compiler cannot process,
but a platform-specific include file which was not updated while
others were. The SPARC exit_group syscall is 188 according to
   http://lxr.linux.no/source/include/asm-sparc/unistd.h#L207

But yes, it's possible you'll find a few more things like this before
everything compiles, since the SPARC/Linux port has not been
maintained for a while.

Working on it. I know that this particular problem is not related to a compiler
problem, but I've already (I think) demonstrated that the 2.0.0 compiler on
SPARC has problems with the 2.0.2 sources. I've got a horrid feeling that once
the missing stuff is fixed I'll hit the same problem :-(

Such problem will need to be fixed anyway, maybe with some ifdefs in the RTL. So it is a good thing you find them, as long as you fix them in the latest source.

Vincent