Thanks A.J.

Do you know where can I get some example of how to do this?

Is it possible to have a conditional compile to do this?

Thanks again,

Fabrício

A.J. Venter escreveu:
I'm working in a software that I don't want that it runs in a different
of the orginal installation then I'll save this informations in a
crypted file and I'll read and check with the hardware in the moment of
the software is open.

There is no platform independent way to do this, since the the two OS's have very different approaches. Under windows you need to get the information from the registry, under linux you can get it by reading the files in /proc and /sys.

At some point somebody with some time should write a component that can give most used hardware information via a single interface with platform specific code to retrieve it. It's on my TODO list :)

A.J.