Jonas Maebe schreef:

On 02 Mar 2007, at 09:26, Vincent Snijders wrote:

Jonas Maebe schreef:
On 02 Mar 2007, at 09:03, m utku wrote:
Hello again :), I just forgot to ask; Delphi has an option to generate a so called "map file" that contains the function addresses matched with the function names when an executable compiled. What would be the equivalent FPC functionality for this?
man ld -> search for "map" -> there is a "--print-map" option -> tell FPC to pass this option to ld using FPC's -k option:
-k--print-map

At least on windows a map file can be generated with the fpc compiler option -Xm

In his previous post he mentioned he's using Debian Sarge.

Yes, I was aware of that. That is why I mentioned I had used it on windows.

For fun I did a
  make OPT="-Xm"
in the lazarus example directory on i386-linux with OpenSuse 10.1 and I got
this:
-rw-r--r-- 1 vsds users 3360519 2007-03-02 09:36 hello.map

So it seems to work outside windows too.

Vincent