>  > linux (v 2.3.1)
>  > > nslu_test.lpr Assembling nslu_test Linking nslu_test
>  > > /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.3.1/units/arm-linux/rtl/cprt0.o: In function
>  > > `_haltproc':
>  > > : undefined reference to `_fini'
>  > > /usr/local/lib/fpc/2.3.1/units/arm-linux/rtl/cprt0.o: In function
>  > > `_haltproc':
>  > > : undefined reference to `_init'
>  >
>  > i vaguely remember getting this kind of problem too.  my
>  > arm-linux-ld for the slug doesn't like my fpc object files
>  > at all.  as a last resort i used the --allow-shlib-undefined
>  > option for ld and that worked for me...

Well - Thank you -> It now works and i got libc, sockets, ssl and much
of our code to run on the SLUG
(I am really happy with possibilities of the crossarm compiler!!)
Now we have strange problems with range errors and so on, needs further
investigations ...

To circumvent the above mentioned error it is necessary to replace (copy
over) cprt0.o with prt0.o as
It seems that _fini and _init are not needed (strange ?) i found a
message from 2005 in the fpc list, in which this method was described.

BTW: I use the head revision of slugosle (openembedded) we took little
endian because debian chose that too.
If it helps you can download an archive of my compiled binutils under
http://zeosdownloads.firmos.at/downloads/

Regards,
helmut