Am Montag, den 27.08.2007, 14:14 +0200 schrieb Daniël Mantione:

> Op Mon, 27 Aug 2007, schreef Rainer Stratmann:
>
> > Is it possible to write ARM Programs for these single microcontroller chips
> > without a RTL and without specifying a target operating system?
> > Or write pure Assembler Programs?
> > And then to download it into these single chip controller?
>
> The compiler always needs a runtime library. But you can customize RTL
> and it has been prepared for this by means of the embedded
> target, where you can enable or disable features. If you like you can also
> write your own rtl.

I thought about using fpc for (very) small embedded computers, too.

Doesn't your suggestion imply one of:

- hacking up one target already existing or
- create at least a fake OS target

to tell the compiler which RTL to use?

If I understood the wiki page about porting to new OSses or CPU one way
must be used.

Marc