Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
Anybody know what list classes or arrays are available in FPC?  I know
the standard TObjectList and TStringList, but I'm pretty sure there
must be more 'not so well known' lists available.

contnrs unit?

I'm busy implementing a Objects[ARow, ACol] property for fpGUI's
StringGrid component and would like to read up on what efficient list
classes or arrays I could possibly use.  I'll only be storing Pointers
and the StringGrid will *not* be maintaining the lifespan of the
Objects being stored. Only their pointers will be stored, so I guess
it doesn't need to be a complex list class or pointer array.

You could use variant arrays or two dynamic arrays, but I personally prefer classes. This approach could be reached using a TObjectList instance to hold TObjectList objects, the getter should have something like this:

Result := ((FObjList[ARow] as TObjectList)[ACol] as TYourTargetClass);

Hth.

--
Joao Morais