On 11 Jan 2008, at 16:41, Michael Van Canneyt wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jan 2008, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

As far as I know .pp is the old 'classical' file extension.  .pas is
the new more widely know (I think) extension for Object Pascal.  I
prefer .pas personally.

There is nothing 'classical' or 'new' about either extension.

.pp was in accordance with unix standards.

There is no unix ".pp" standard. .pp is an invention by Florian, indeed in analogy with .c -> .cc as John Coppens mentioned (although not specifically regarding pre/post-objects).

Jonas