Le Mar 3, 2008 à 5:22 PM, ik a écrit :

Doesn't FillChar/Word/Byte works for you ?

I don't think any of them made my purpose.

Ido

On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 6:16 PM, Damien Gerard <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

In any programs, a lot of tests on empty strings are made.
The following made the work :
if Length(s) <> 0 then ...
or
if s <> '' then ...

In a lot of cases, the real length is no needed, just to know if the
string is empty or not.
I am mainly using UTF8String so strings with leading zero.
Just with the first char we can know if the string is empty or not.

Is there a function of this kind that I don't know already exist ?
Would it be possible to implement such a function (may be a stupid
idea for an unknown reason) ?
Can this function be directly done in FPC ?

Regards.

--
Damien Gerard
[EMAIL PROTECTED]