"Marc Santhoff" <m.santhoff-zqrnuxuvxa0b1svskn2...@public.gmane.org> wrote
in message news:1229580231.333.8.ca...@localhost.das.netz...
Am Donnerstag, den 18.12.2008, 09:02 +1100 schrieb Paul Nicholls:
Hi all,
    I am wondering if anyone here has ever managed to use the free
open-source OpenCASCADE 3d tools (www.opencascade.org) with Pascal
before?

I don't think so, but I remember two facts:

The toolkit is huge, porting will be a lot of work.
And it'll be complicated or maybe impossible because it is written in C
++. IIRC there are some problems related to C++ objects in libraries and
fpc.
An already developed ActiveX OCX control has been developed that may
work but it costs lots of money.

IIRC there was Java binding back in version 4 of opencascade (the
version I had to deal with). I'm not sure if that could be used as a
guideline for adapting to object pascal, though.

HTH anyhow,
Marc

I was thinking more along the lines of perhaps creating a compatible dll
that could be used for Pascal/Delphi, and if necessary, flattening when
necessary method calls to plain functions, etc.

I'm sure this sort of thing has been done before as you can use it under
Visual Basic, Java, C#, Python, Ruby.

I have seen various people create a single dll containing the OpenCASCADE routines, but I am not sure how.

One person has made

"NaroCAD, a free open source parametric modeling CAD application with C#:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/narocad/. The project contains a .Net(C++/CLI) wrapper layer and also a wrapper code generator application, you can generate your own wrappers in the language you want. The OCC 6.3.0 wrappers are compiled under one assembly named OCWrappers.dll."

See the thread below
http://www.opencascade.org/org/forum/thread_14766/

cheers,
Paul