Hi

I need to write a daemon on Linux which will wait on a user defined
port (say 30000) and parse the socket input to write into a Mysql
database. Can anybody suggest examples in FPC ?

Presently , I am using TCL for this. The problem is the behaviour of
Gets function in TCL.. It is buffered with EOF as newline.

But i need the socket to have a user defined char like ':' and it
should be  unbuffered too. I mean dont want an Enter keyed to be at
the end.

We use various GPRS modules on embedded devices, each with its own
nuances of terminating a string. So we can't afford to have a 'normal'
gets or readln behaviours.

Please help

regards

Nataraj

Hi Nataraj,
I'm not sure about actual code examples, but you could try the Synapse Pascal TCP/IP library classes, they work on Win32, Linux and I'm pretty sure MAC OS too :-)

http://www.ararat.cz/synapse/doku.php

cheers,
Paul