      05 c-1 pic aaa.
      05 c-2.
         07 d-1 pic zzz.
         07 d-2 pic xxx.
      05 c-3 pic 99.
   03 b-4 pic zzz.
   03 b-5.
      05 e-1 pic zzz.

All line not containing the word pic I would call a group item and the other lines will be elementary items.

I would like to wrote a routine(or program) that save each group item and the elementary items contained in a StringList. Admit that the pattern of the structure is random. The example above is only an example.

In this example:
StringList1 will contain 'a-1' '03 b-1 pic xxx.' '03 b-2 pic 999.' '03 b-4 pic zzz.'
StringList2 will contain 'b-3' '05 c-1 pic aaa.' '05 c-3 pic 99.'
StringList3 will contain 'c-2' '07 d-1 pic zzz.' '07 d-2 pic xxx.'
StringList4 will contain 'b-5' '05 e-1 pic zzz.'

At the end of the program I will(for example) write the StringList's to disk. But I can't write anyone before the program end.

I had thinked hard about it. I can't create StringList with a variable name. I must previously declare each one in my pascal source. How can I solve the trouble proposed?

Note that when I'm appending strings in a StringList, it's possible that I must create a new StringList(or various), put data in it(or them) and return to put data in the first StringList.

If the solution is obvious I beg your pardon. I can't find it.