On Mon, 6 Jul 2009, Henrik Genssen wrote:

As I said, the file is valid XML.

No-one disputes this, the question is how the codepage is used in the rest
of your program. You may need to do a manual transformation e.g. to
widestrings in order to be able to use the XML objects in your application.

Michael.

I do not work with XML DOM but if the file is UTF-8 and the text node
contains an ANSI german umlaute the XML is not valid as the text is
not UTF-8 conformant.

fpc UTF-8 decoder clear any UTF-8 string with wrong encode (I think
trunk one replace wrong encodes with '?' mark).

--
Best regards,
JoshyFun