On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 21:18:03 +0100
Vannus <van...@gmail.com> wrote:

> your example is at the start of a "for loop" block, which is much the same
> as having it at the start of a procedure block
So much the same that you can do it in pascal?
What about variables declared inside this for loop or inside the else block of
an if statement.

> pascal prevents people from putting declarations strewn throughout the
> block, which i found reduces mistakes & bugs from 20-30 people coding, and
> their code is more readable. Coding standards are do similar thing.
You were talking about wrong code, not more readable code (which is very
subjective in this case). So it looks like there is nothing wrong using this
feature if it is available as you failed to show me that there is a problem.
But it does not make much sense to discuss this here any further as it is not
available in FPC.

R.
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.