In our previous episode, Ludo Brands said:
> fpc_2.4.4-0_all.deb is just a meta package and needs a repository to pull in
> the other packages. Hence my earlier suggestion + quick fix to "upgrade"
> ftp://ftp.hu.freepascal.org/pub/fpc/dist/2.4.4/i386-linux/deb/ to a
> depository. But nobody seems to be interested...

If you look carefully, you'll see the 64-bit 2.4.4 .deb releases are not even
generated. That sums up pretty much what can be done with the current
resources and interest levels.

Nothing stops interested Debian/Ubuntu people starting their own build
services. It is unfair to try to push this onto the central developers that
already have enough work to do.

If it is successful and maintained for a while, we can talk about making it
official later.