Hi Mark,

On 29 July 2011 08:49, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
> Well done and thanks for testing. If you have any thoughts please could you
> append them to the wiki page

I'll take a quick read through that wiki page and see if there is
anything I can add. The compiling and running of fpGUI based apps has
a *much smaller* library requirement than doing the same with Lazarus
based apps. As I mentioned, OpenSolaris came standard with everything
I needed to compile and run fpGUI apps - the only exception was the
one package, gnu-binutils, required by FPC for linking purposes.

I guess we can chalk this one up as one of the benefits of using a
"light weight" toolkit [referring to library dependencies, not
necessarily features].

If I have some time today, I'll try and  compile MSEide on OpenSolaris
(seeing that fpGUI doesn't have its own IDE). It would be interesting
to see how portable MSEgui is in this regard. I know MSEide has some
minor limitation even on 64-bit Linux platforms [MSEgui officially
only supports 32-bit platforms], but that was easy enough to work
around.

@Martin Schreiber
Just curious. Have you tried to compile MSEide on platforms other than
Linux or Windows?

  - Graeme -