Florian Klämpfl schrieb:
> Why? Searching for operator+ is no more difficult than for function add ?

I don't what I have to search for when looking for the overload function of the operator +. Can I search for the text "operator+"? Never heard of this...

Also, when I use a function instead of operator overloading I can use a more speaking function name which can be found much easier. If I understand it correctly, then dozens of equal named functions exist when + is overloaded for dozens of types. That makes it harder to find.

Nevertheless, the fundamental problem with overloading is, that it hides information from the user. I never would have expected that := does more than just filling bytes for dynamic arrays. It obscures what realy happens.