On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 6:27 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.li...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 14/09/2011 23:17, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>>
>> procedure Run;
>> var
>>   f: TFoo;  // << type is class, not interface
>>   o: TObj;
>> begin
>>   f := TFoo.Create;
>
> This is just wrong.

Well, wrong just because the language is so but not because is ilogical, right?

> On a side note:
> ---------------
> Why not simply use CORBA interfaces, then you don't need to add the
> IUnknown or IInterface interface method noise to your class declaration.
> CORBA interfaces are not reference counted.
>

> eg:
>
> unit myunit;
>
> {$mode objfpc}{$H+}
> {$interfaces corba}

Hm... interesting but what are the advantages?
I want my code compiling in Delphi 7 too, so I can have problems with this?

The TInterfacedObject class is the most used in many codes (like Zeos
for example) and it works. I do not want problems, incompatibilities,
confusion, etc
http://free-pascal-general.1045716.n5.nabble.com/Corba-Interfaces-and-IInterface-query-td3264311.html

Marcos Douglas