On Sat, Oct 22, 2011 at 5:42 PM, Michael Van Canneyt
<mich...@freepascal.org> wrote:
> Just a use a TSQLQuery:

Are you sure that it is really like that? My code is virtually the
same as yours and I already checked everything I could come up with.
Using the final "as res;" or not, checked that the sequence exists in
the database, but I still get this error:

Error:  <b>Preparation of query failed. (PostgreSQL: ERROR:  column
"GameSession_SessionId_seq" does not exist
LINE 1: prepare prepst2  as SELECT nextval("GameSession_SessionId_se...

This code:

  SQLGameSession := TSQLQuery.Create(nil);
  SQLGameSession.Transaction := DBComm.SQLTransaction;
  SQLGameSession.Database := DBComm.PQConnection;
  SQLGameSession.FieldDefs.Add('SessionId', ftLargeint);
  SQLGameSession.FieldDefs.Add('GameEvent', ftLargeint);
  SQLGameSession.FieldDefs.Add('TableId', ftInteger);

  OPDebugLn('[TGameSessionComm.CreateSessionResponse] Obtaining New
Primary Key');
  SQLGameSession.SQL.Text:='SELECT
nextval("GameSession_SessionId_seq") as res;';
  SQLGameSession.Open;
  FSessionId := (SQLGameSession.Fields[0] as TLargeIntField).AsLargeInt;
  SQLGameSession.Close;

The transaction and connection cannot be wrong because they are the
same ones used for all other transactions which work fine.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho