On 2011-10-24 15:15, Ludo Brands wrote:

> Most databases have functions to create GUID's (with different randomness
> quality and different storage requirements):

No, no, no... you are missing the point of this thread, and what I meant
by using a GUID. The idea is that you can created the GUID values
client-side before you insert any data into the database, thus you don't
have the issue Felipe mentioned in his origin post (how to reliably find
the primary key after you posted the record). Using GUID's on
client-side, you simply don't have that problem at all.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/