On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 9:04 AM, Ludo Brands <ludo.bra...@free.fr> wrote:
> Note the "per the HTML specs". HTTP specs aren't that strict.

But what exaxtly do these specs ban? Because I am sending via
XMLHttpRequest in JavaScript, and there you can specify any mime-type
that you want. You can send any data and I haven't seen any
restriction related to the mime-type so far. Probably this
restrictions don't apply to JavaScript but only to form data and
things like that (purely in HTML)?

Not to mention that a CGI application can also communicate with native
clients, not only HTML pages, and the native client is not subject to
HTML rules.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho