Hi,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 10:14:42 +0100
> Von: Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho <felipemonteiro.carva...@gmail.com>
> An: FPC-Pascal users discussions <fpc-pascal@lists.freepascal.org>
> Betreff: Re: [fpc-pascal] Free Pascal 2.6.0rc1 released

> Hello,
>
> What is: fpc-2.6.0rc1.arm-linux.tar
> ?
>
> Is it supposed to run on arm-linux or is it a cross-compiler x86-linux
> -> arm-linux?

It is a native arm-linux compiler, running on arm-linux.

A cross-compiler from x86-linux would be located in the i386-linux or
x86_64-linux directory on the ftp (and I believe there is/was some special
naming scheme that indicates the crosscompiler nature too).

None of the regular FPC release builders made a cross-compiler of that
particular type. If somebody provided a cross-compiler release, I am sure the
fpc team would make it available on the FPC FTP.

Thomas