On 2011-11-21 11:17, michael.vancanneyt@w..... wrote:
>> Where in the Delphi documentation does it mention that?  I couldn't find
>> any such reference in the Delphi 7 docs, and I thought FPC implements
>> behaviour based on documented behaviour, not implementation behaviour?
>
> Sure. See the 'CommaText' help.

Sure, that is the help for CommaText, not the help for Delimiter or
DelimitedText. In the latter documentation it makes no mention of SDF
(System Data Format) format usage - which apparently has the Comma or
Space character requirement.

DelimitedText docs say:  "individual strings are separated by the
character specified by the Delimiter property."

I guess this boils down to the interpretation of the Delphi
documentation then.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/