On Fri, 24 Feb 2012, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

Hi,

[rant]
I'm just sick of the idiocy of Linux/Unix with there case sensitive
file systems!

Well, some men prefer blondes, others prefer brunettes.

[/rant]

Anyway, back to the point.... I seriously doubt there would be any
problems, but I'll ask anyway. Has anybody here used JFS (case
insensitive option enabled) with FPC and experienced any problems? I
doubt there would be, because Mac OS X by default is case insensitive
too - and it is also a *nix system.

There is a constant in the system unit which controls the 'case sensitive' option for filename comparisions. You may have problems, because it is set
to True by default on Linux/Unix

See:

http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/system/filenamecasesensitive.html

You can set its value, though, it is a typed constant.