On Wed, 29 Feb 2012, Frank Church wrote:

A few months ago I inquired and got some info about FPC docs - discussed in
this thread
http://lists.lazarus.freepascal.org/pipermail/lazarus/2011-November/068595.html,
the result of which can be found here - http://fpdocs.rca2.net and here  -
http://fpdocs.rca2.net/user/user.html, when FPC was at 2.4.4

When I visit the source page
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/user/user.html it is not on 2.6.0.

1. Are the created by a tool or hand edited?

Depends on what you mean. The docs are made by hand. When we make a release,
we manually upload the new version.

2. Is there some page where the original docs are created?

No.

3. Are they text files that are stored under version control?

Yes.

4. Is there some page where previous versions are available?

No.

PS. After some searching questions 2, 3 and 4 are answered -
http://svn.freepascal.org/svn/fpcdocs/.

One more thing is there some other page where the commit messages for the
files are noted? I can only see plain text.

No.