Hi,

I'm porting a driver, originally written in C, for an LCD to be used with an embedded arm-processor (STM32). The original driver uses SPI, my driver will use a USART in synchronous mode because the STM32 has no SPI for 9-bit. Unfortunately, the bit-order is reversed between SPI and USART transmission. Does anyone knows an efficient way to reverse bit-order of a byte for the arm-processor ? I'm going to look into the assembly language of the arm-processor, but maybe someone knows this immediately. For old processors like 8085 or Z80 I know how to do this, but arm-assembler is new to me.

Thanks for any hints.

Koenraad Lelong.