On Wed, 09 May 2012 16:10:06 +0000 Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

> > There is a directory for Solaris SPARC but it is empty. Is it possible
> > to get 2.6.0 for Solaris SPARC? Thanks again.

> I've got a copy that I've built and run here, but I started off with an
> earlier version and had to jump through a few hoops to get it installed.
>
> I strongly recommend using 2.6 as an interim release on SPARC, since
> there were code-generation bugs that weren't fixed until a few months
> ago- the fixes are in 2.7.1 but haven't been backported.

I am not sure I understood your message. 2.6.0 SPARC isn't available for
download, but you suggest it as an interim release because of fixes in an
upcoming release that probably won't be backported. So I guess you mean
even if I could get 2.6.0 built I should realize when 2.7.something comes
out that's the version I should use? If so, no problem. I will go over the
buildfaq suggested earlier and see what I can do, possibly with the 2.7.1
you mentioned.

I have no particular need for 2.6.0, I just normally try to get the stable
release of whatever new thing I decide to try out and I understood from the
website 2.6.0 is the one I should use.

Thanks.