Michael Van Canneyt wrote:
On Fri, 25 May 2012, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:

How should I put this?

procedure TUnyokedFrontendForm.OutputWriteF(const str: widestring; values: array of variant; fg: TColor= clBlack; bg: TColor= clDefault);

var     scratch: widestring;

begin
 scratch := Format(str, values);

As above, I get

unyokedfrontendcode.pas(354,32) Error: Incompatible type for arg no. 2: Got "Open Array Of Variant", expected "Array Of Const"

I was caught by this one years ago, and at the time the Delphi developers I was in contact with had no easy solution.

That's because there is no easy solution.

Format uses a different array type, they are not variants. You'll have to convert the arrays.

Roughly translated: "look at the documentation and use the right parameter type" :-) Thanks, now working.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk